By the second person that suggested to me to start blogging, I actually finally started to take in action by jotting down ideas. And by the second time one of the two people who suggested to really start blogging, I am finally starting. The idea behind motivating, or pushing me to write were for several reasons. The first was finding something I do best. Second, doing what I love doing being put into action and into words, which I already secretly do through journals, poetry, notes, or even reading. Third, was the love of food these people knew I had, which might be the starting point that initiates my blogging project. Fourth, was to find some activity that would keep me busy and then maybe then, other doors would open up to me along the way. And finally, the art of expression is free: materialistic, or let me say cost-free, and it is an act of liberation to the soul, mind, heart and feelings; after all, we are all free in expressing, sharing our thoughts, opinions, experiences and engaging others in our lives.
Just like we know it, life is made in pairs. Humans tend to think they are opposites, but sometimes miss the point that they were also made in “two.” God created Adam and Eve to complement each other. The world finds balance in the form of Ying and Yang. People are defined as ‘nice’ or ‘cruel.’ Nations have found peace and have struggled through war. Hate is what we hold for each other when we can’t find love. Having twins is double the pleasure. And having two kids is ‘just about right’ or ‘just about enough’ to have a family. There will be no act of donation from the rich if it wasn’t for the poor. One is too lonely, and two is just perfect company. We find beauty even in the most unattractive and uninviting scenes. One bite off of a cookie is too little to indulge yourself in, the second bite always marks the true taste of how delicious it is. Because of death, we appreciate life. And because white is too light of a shade, maybe boring to some, black found its place as the royal color of fashion. Of course the given: we have two of our most functional organs- eyes, ears, nostrils, lips, hands, legs, lungs etc. There is always light at the end of a dark tunnel. Water is formed with two molecules of hydrogen, and it needs fire to oppose its serene purity. Love as we know it, needs two to tango. And as I strongly believe, we are all famous during two major events in our lives, when we are born and when we die. We opt to believe that you either ‘make it’ or ‘break it.’ We go for a second round during delicious dinners. A boy makes a move or approaches a girl after he takes a good second look after the first glance he has of her.
Some of us don’t know that there are second chances in life. Some of us can’t try more than once, and maybe some of us can but we don’t want to. There are those who learn from their mistakes the first time, so that the second time around they perfect the experience, bringing out its rewarding sensation and elevating the experience itself. Some of us marry the second person we fall in love with, because usually first-time love hurts, which is accompanied with inexperience. Some of us enjoy ‘anything’ the second time around it happens to us because the first time we couldn’t recall it or haven’t deeply cared to feel it. Usually, the second time in sex is the most ‘fun’for girls, because by then the pain will not be as bad and you discover the joy of intimacy through physical action.
I believe that my second chances, my second time experiences are more fun, more painful, and sometimes harder than the first time I have encountered them. In this blog, I hope you realize that the first time will always be acknowledged, but the second time usually marks the experience’s beauty, success, joy, hardship-whatever it is. There are certain things I have just been acquainted with, and I am now much more conscious in not making a judgment or a decision without going through it a second time. Yet I have noticed that this has been a trait I have been naturally following all my life, because I have always wanted to ‘give it another shot,’ and ‘give him/her another chance.’
The first thoughts of starting to blog were very vague. I found it too common to write about food. And while living on a fair budget and a strict diet, low sodium, high protein, low carb, minimal intake of sugars-no one would be really interested in my daily tuna salads for lunch and snacking on protein bars. I figured that though I am a highly gourmand person, there would be nothing to write about. Then I thought that I wanted to share my thoughts, perspectives, feelings I have, which keep banging on the doors of my head every day. But that too is common. I thought I missed out on a blogging idea when I found myself saying, “I wish I could have written about my first time I had my Canadian beaver tail!” And it snapped right then and there: why don’t I write about my second time I have it? I noticed then that it meant something to me: the second time around. It falls right in alignment with my principle: I never judge anything or anyone as much as I possibly can the first time. I strongly think that in general, we can’t judge anything the first time. Usually, it’s after the first time we meet the person, we visit the country, we try the food, we fail, we hurt, and so much more that we could truly make a good judgment of the situation.
After all, we need to read the book so that we don’t judge it by its cover. And that is usually the second thing we do after we purchase a book we are interested in.
Excellent! Loved it!
ReplyDelete