Monday, January 21, 2013

I left my heart in Cairo

I left my heart in Cairo

I left my heart in Cairo
Where the world’s first souls are found

I left my heart in Cairo
Where the people’s courageous hearts fiercely pound

I left my heart in Cairo
Where no matter where I go, my feet find no comfort except on her ground

I left my heart in Cairo
Where my final destination is bound

I left my heart in Cairo
With the silent whispers of the Nile; to the world makes the greatest sound

I left my heart in Cairo
With the millions of hearts made of gold

I left my heart in Cairo
Where thousands of stories are continuously told

I left my heart in Cairo
Where the beats of drums roar and men of honor soar

I left my heart in Cairo
Where the sun never dies

I left my heart in Cairo
Where there’s a smile at every demise

I left my heart in Cairo
Where the callings of faith harmonically rise

I left my heart in Cairo
Where at every corner of her streets proudly stands a dome

I left my heart in Cairo
Where love, beauty, and power lured the king of Rome

I left my heart in Cairo
Where its misty air and magical pebbles of sand is my only home.


April 18, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment